There is a known issue with browser errors (Error 'Too many redirects' - Chrome and 'The page isn't redirecting properly' - Firefox) affecting access to some resources for the following databases:
- Taylor and Francis
- ICE Virtual Library
These are intermittent and only affect some users. This problem has also been reported for users in other academic institutions.
While the publishers work on resolving this issue, we recommend the following to access resources:
- Clear your cache and cookies on your browser
- use an incognito window to search the library catalogue
- use another browser
- open an incognito window in another browser
- check your browser extensions
- check your system date and time.
How do I clear my cache/history/cookies?
There is a known issue with the catalogue search page not loading or being unresponsive due to the Grammarly browser extension. The following work around is available:
- Disable the Grammarly extension
Or if you are using Chrome, you can change settings to only run Grammarly on selected pages:
- From the browser menu select More tools>Extensions
- Go to the Grammarly extension>click More details
- Under permissions go to 'Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites when you visit'>Select 'On click'
There is a known issue with placing holds while connected to Griffith University wifi. There are two workarounds for this issue:
Use VPN login
- Connect to the Griffith wifi> connect to VPN >search and place holds using your s-number login
Login as a community member
- In the classic catalogue, next to MY ACCOUNT LOGIN, select COMMUNITY MEMBERS
- Enter your name (surname is sufficient) and the barcode from your ID CARD>SUBMIT.
- After logging in, search for the required title and place a hold.
Place a Bonus+ hold while not logged into VPN
- Locate the item you wish to borrow in this Bonus+ catalogue
- Select REQUEST THIS ITEM>Select GRIFFITH UNIVERISTY from the drop down menu, then press SUBMIT.
- Enter your name (surname is sufficient) and barcode from your ID CARD>select PICKUP LOCATION>SUBMIT